When AWS re:Invent 2022 kicks off November 28, thousands of partners will be on hand for Amazon’s massive public cloud conference. But what exactly can MSPs, ISVs (independent software vendors), IT consulting firms and cybersecurity companies expect at AWS re:Invent 2022?
Glad you asked. Check this blog for news updates multiple times daily — now through the conference conclusion on December 2, 2022.
AWS re:Invent 2022 Cloud Conference News
Send Us News Tips: f you have news from the conference to share then please email me the details ([email protected]). We’ll give the info a look and potentially include it in our ongoing blog updates. Here are the updates so far…
6. Keynotes to track: Among those scheduled to address the crowd…
- CEO Adam Selipsky;
- CTO Werner Vogels;
- Senior VP of AWS Utility Computing Peter DeSantis;
- VP of AWS Worldwide Channels and Alliances Ruba Borno; and
- VP of AWS Database, Analytics, and Machine Learning Swami Sivasubramanian.
5. Robot Fleet Management: Amazon days before the conference launched AWS IoT RoboRunner, a service that helps “fleets of robots seamlessly work together,” the company said.
4. AWS and MSP Partners: Many of the Top 250 Public Cloud MSPs also partner closely with AWS. But only 159 MSPs or so are part of that partner program — a surprisingly low figure considering the size and scale of AWS; the number of customers that need cloud managed services; and the number of MSPs worldwide. We’ll be watching for new/updated MSP partner specializations — along with details about which partners are on the move.
3. AWS and MSSP Partners: As of mid-2022, AWS began to embrace at least six types of MSSPs (managed security service providers). We expect plenty of cybersecurity updates at the conference, but we don’t necessarily think more MSSP partner program components will surface. Instead, those moves will likely surface at the AWS re:Inforce 2023 conference — which is set for June in California.
2. Avoiding Layoff Distractions?: Amazon layoffs will impact roughly 10,000 employees, and those job cuts won’t be completed until sometime in 2023. The big question: Will the layoffs impact AWS partner initiatives with MSPs and MSSPs? We’ll be listening for clues.
1. Send us your news: If you’ve got news from the conference to share, please email me the details ([email protected]). We’ll give the info a look and potentially include it in our ongoing blog updates.